After School Programs
ALAMEDA EDUCATION FOUNDATION - AEF
AEF Enrichment Classes for Middle Schoolers opens registration on Thursday, Aug 25th at 9:30 am with early bird pricing! Please see the AEF website for class schedules and descriptions.
Click Here for ALAMEDA-WIDE Classes
Hurry - Early Bird Pricing Ends September 15th.
New to Fall 2022 are two Alameda Wide classes for students with adaptive needs ages 8-11 years old.
For scholarships or questions, please email enrichment@AlamedaEducation.org.
- Classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- BAMP supplies all instruments (violin, viola, cello) and DAW software.
- Pilot program fees are $150 per month, payable online (we will send a link to pay upon enrollment).
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available to families who qualify. Families who meet the income eligibility requirements will receive full scholarships.
Questions about enrollment?
Contact BAMP Director of Operations Audrey Reyes
c (510) 470-1353
ARPD CLUB UNDERGROUND
Alameda Parks and Recs has brought back their popular CLUB Underground teen after-school program. Prior to the pandemic, many Wood students took advantage of this resource which is located right across from Alameda High in the Veteran's Memorial Building, 2203 Central Ave, Room 170, Alameda, (510) 748-9466
--Monday to Friday, August 22, 2022 to June 8, 2023--
Pick Up Days & Times:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday - 2:30 pm to 3:25 pm (varies by school dismissal times)
- Wednesday - Pick up varies by school dismissal times
- Underground Teen Center closes at 5:30 pm.
*Transportation is offered from each school to The Underground Teen Center (UTC) based on participant needs. Transportation is subject to cancellation by school site if ARPD deems that there is an insufficient amount of students utilizing the service. Transportation is limited to participants of the UTC.
Fee Per Person:
- $2 per one-way trip payable at the time of pick up OR
- Purchase a non-refundable $20 Ride Pass (good for 10 rides) from ARPD Office. Please note: No refunds or replacement cards issued for lost, damaged, or stolen cards. NO EXPIRATION DATE.
Please contact ARPD at (510) 748-9466 if you have any questions.
THE ALAMEDA BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB
Passport to Success
This is an after-school program for grades 6 - 12 that incorporate teens to experience Girls Inc curriculum in subjects such as art, cooking, and/or STEM. We are trying to revert programming back to in-person, but we are still offering this program online, after school, and once a week until further notice. This programming will start around the beginning of September. This is a free program.
This is an after school program for grades 6 - 12. It is similar in structure to Passport to Success where it is offered online, after school, and once a week until further notice. This program will start around the beginning of September. The subjects included in this program are based on social justice platforms for students of color and allies. This is a free program.